Trend Spotting: Red Suits

Pictured: Ashley Olsen, Penelope Cruz and Miroslava Duma


So when it comes to red, I’m never surprised to see red lips, red nail polish, red shoes or most recently, red pants (as featured in this month’s Mylookbook magazine), but to be honest, when I first saw the all red suit ensemble on Miroslava Duma in early 2010, I was initially taken aback at the outfit choice, I felt neutral in my like/dislike opinion but didn’t necessarily think it was a look that would be replicated, let alone emerge as a trend.



Just over a year later and Ashley Olsen and Penelope Cruz have both stepped out in red suits. I happened to be watching the morning show a few weeks ago and Lisa Wilkinson was even wearing a red jacket and identical red top underneath.



I’m not convinced that it’s a look I'll be trying myself anytime soon however the three women above have all rocked the look as good as I can image in can get. Any thoughts?